Procedures for Prescription Refills
- All refills are sent electronically to your pharmacy.
- You must provide the name, address and phone number of your pharmacy.
- You must state your medication name, with spelling, dosage and the quantity you need very clearly to our receptionist or medical assistant.
- We do not mail prescriptions.
- If you call for a refill we need 24-48 hours to process your request.
- We cannot renew a prescription unless you have been seen in our office within one year.
- All controlled substances must be picked up. We do not mail or call these medications to patients or to a pharmacy.
During office visits we urge our patients to review all of their prescription needs with their physician and obtain what they need until their next visit. If your insurance does not cover a medication recommended by your physician, you will need to find out from your insurance company what they recommend instead and provide that information to your doctor.